1753470 Members
5199 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CPQSDM fails to load.

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

CPQSDM fails to load.

Upon every boot, I get a message in the Event Log saying "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: CPQSDM". I've updated and re-installed the Storage Agents (ver 4.90) but the message still appears. Please help.
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: CPQSDM fails to load.

Is there anything for it to do? This is ONLY used by the embedded type controllers (i.e. non-array controllers) and if the controller has no drives attached it won't load.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

If it is not used, how can I get it to stop loading so that I don't get an error every time I boot up the machine? It used to load without a problem, and then one day, it started coming up with the error message.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

In Control Panel, Open Compaq Management Agents. On the left side of the screen, Highlight SCSI Information and click Remove. Click OK at the bottom and then OK to allow agents to stop and restart.
If this does not stop the error you may Open the Devices applet in Control Panel and disable the Compaq SCSI Device Monitor. If you add a device to the SCSI bus at a later time, this can be enabled at that time