1753834 Members
8115 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CPU Fan error 1611

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

CPU Fan error 1611

Hello. I have received the error message 1611 - critical CPU fan failure. I have replaced the CPU fan. The new fan starts (whereas the old fan wouldn't even start) but I am receiving the same error message and the computer continues to restart. What could be the problem or what could I try next. Thank you for any assistance and for a timely response if possible.
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Did you replace the fan with a Compaq spare part or...?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hey Ron. No, the fan was not a compaq part. It was purchased from a local electronics store. I spoke with compaq support and they are sending me an exact replacement. The replacement I have only has a red an a black wire and is missing the third yellow wire that the original fan has. This third wire could possibly be the sensor wire and would explain why the machine doesn't see the new fan. If you have any other suggestions they would be appreciated, if not thanks for your help.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

That's what it must be... no sensor...
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

My AP400 fan is noisy and I would like to remove it. I have a slot fan that I would like to use instead. How do I disable the 1611 error message? Can I simply connect the yellow sensor fan wire to a 5v or 12v power lead?