ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753500 Members
4415 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

** CRITICAL ** Supplemental Update / Online ROM Flash Component for Linux - EF0300FATFD, EF0450FATF

Allen Crist
Advisor

** CRITICAL ** Supplemental Update / Online ROM Flash Component for Linux - EF0300FATFD, EF0450FATF

2 REPLIES 2
Sham82
HPE Pro

Re: ** CRITICAL ** Supplemental Update / Online ROM Flash Component for Linux - EF0300FATFD, EF0450F

Hi, 

Debian is not a Supported OS with HPE Servers , For reference : (https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/index.aspx)

> However Since Firmware are OS independent , you can run Offline SPP 

> Download the requried SPP as per the Server Generation and follow the Installation instructions for Offline SPP Update .please find below Installtion Steps:

To update firmware from Linux operating system on target server:

• Login as root. (You must be root in order to apply the ROM update.)
  • Place the Smart Component in a temporary directory.
  • From the same directory, execute the Smart Component. For example: ./CPXXXXXX.scexe
  • Follow the directions given by the Smart Component.
  • Reboot your system if you would like the update to take effect immediately.

To use HP Smart Update Manager from the HP Service Pack for ProLiant:

Offline:

• Place the HP Service Pack for ProLiant on a USB key using theHP USB Key Creator Utility.
  • Place the desired firmware to be updated in the directory, /hp/swpackages on the USB key.
  • Boot from the newly created HP Service Pack for Proliant USB key.
  • Follow HP Smart Update Manager steps to complete firmware update.

Online:

• Login as root. (You must be root in order to apply the ROM update.)
  • Place the desired firmware to be updated in the directory, /hp/swpackages
  • Locate Start.html which is found in the root of the ISO
  • Open the html file in a supported browser
  • Follow the instructions on the screen

Thank you

HPE Employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Sham82
HPE Pro

Re: ** CRITICAL ** Supplemental Update / Online ROM Flash Component for Linux - EF0300FATFD, EF0450F

Hi

I hope my solution has helped you to resolve the query, if not kindly let me know If you have any further issues.

Thank you

HPE Employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo