ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753532 Members
6008 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cache Memory Problems on ML350

Philip A Johnson

Cache Memory Problems on ML350

Has anyone else experienced this ?? I have a VB application that runs on any machine and on any Windows platform but I cannot get it to run on a ML350 as it runs out of memory even with 4GB on Server 2003.
This app can and has run on a Celeron 400 with 64mb. It currently runs on a dual Zeon with EDO on Server 2000 and has also run on a Pent 4 with DDR running 2003 but not any Proliant.
When it first run, it ran out of memory very quickly and we were advised by HP to run a cache memory firmware upgrade which made a major improvement but it now runs out of memory about 65% of the way through the app rather that 10-15% before the upgrade.
HP says its the app. I counter with it runs on absolutely everything else even on a ┬г180 Acer (although sedately) and doesn't run out of memory on anything else at all. Help, anyone???

Phil
3 REPLIES 3
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

I don't think it's really due to the hardware, since the underlying hardware is standard, Intel CPU, DDR memory, PCI buses...
Can you try it in a "clean" Windows 2003 on the Proliant?
Do not install it with the SmartStart CD, boot with Windows 2003 CD, provide the SmartArray drivers with a floppy drive. Try the application without any other HP software or drivers installed.
Philip A Johnson

VCESPON

I understand about loading the OS outside Smartstart but I don't understand about the floppy drive. The machine has no floppy drive. I could put a USB floppy drive on. Is it really required??

Phil
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Yeas, but if you don't have one you can use nliteos to embedd the drivers on a modified windows installation CD..

SS provides the SA controller drivers during the installation, if you don't use SS then you must specify the correct driver by pressing F6 at the begining of the installation..

www.nliteos.com