1752618 Members
4569 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cache battery cable too short?

W Fooshee
Advisor

Cache battery cable too short?

Installing 512MB cache board with battery into ML350 G6 server. Found location for the battery pack in the User Guide, at the top of the chassis by the redundant fan, and the cache board slot is at the bottom of the system board.

The battery cable is barely long enough to reach, and only reaches if you remove the blank for the 4th fan. Routing the cable through the passage used by cables from the system board to the drive bays comes up short of the battery pack by a couple of inches. If the 4th fan were installed, or any single full-length expansion card, I would not be able to reach the battery from the cache memory card.

I am concerned about proper airflow with the fan blank removed, and further concerned about having other options installed and being unable to connect the battery to the cache.

Is there supposed to be a longer cable available, and am I looking for thermal problems with the fan blank removed and no fan in the 4th position?
2 REPLIES 2
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cache battery cable too short?

There is a Battery backed write cache cable option part 462969-B21 and 462967-B21 contain 12" cable for use with optional mezzanine array controller. If you are using the embedded controller or if you need a longer cable you can get the 24" cable this cable is not included in the option kits.

Send spare part 488138-001 to order 24├в BBWC cable.
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cache battery cable too short?

Same connector only that it is longer:

Smart Array BBWC battery cable, 14-inch 488137-001
Smart Array BBWC battery cable, 24-inch 488138-001