1753416 Members
7266 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cache disabled on Smart array P410i

vs80
Occasional Advisor

Cache disabled on Smart array P410i

Hello Everybody, I have a problem with Proliant DL380 g6 (p410i controller). Some time ago I started receiving the following error message in ACU and on start up -  Cache disabled, array accelerator battery failed (or failed to recharge) and needs to be replaced. I had been using that server for 4 years appr. so I replaced the battery with a new original Hp part. The error message didnt go. So I decided to upgrade the firmware of controller. The installed version was 1.32, I upgraded to 5.7 and nothing changed. The latest version of firmware on HP.com is 6.4B, but I cant install it, when I try to install the smart component, I get the following error - the procedure entry point initialize critical sectionex could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll. Some sources say that SpeedyPC Pro utility can be used to fix this problem, but is it safe? and will it solve the problem. Why I get that error when installing the Firmware? And what else can I do to get accelerator cache enabled? Would be very gratefull if anybody could help me to solve this.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If you have the possibility you could just boot the server on the SPP (DVD or USB) and upgrade all the firmwares

http://hp.com/go/spp
PZel
Trusted Contributor

Same error with me on a std. DL380G7 (P410i) ONLY with W2K3 versions. On W2K8 versions V6.40 works, but on W2K3 versions i use as a maximum V6.00.

Did you pay attention to the remark Date XX/XX stamped on the battery ??

First is Month, Second is Year, so 06/08 is juni 2008.

Sometimes you get 'new' battery's, who are in fact old.

When you replaced it, it will give you the POST error , that it's not fully loaded, but after approx.  1 hour it will be loaded.

When it says FAILED on POST, then its not going to be loaded at all: Battery or cable defective/not connected !!

PZ
Woonings
Regular Advisor

Hola,

If you replace the battery, be 100% that it "click's" real good on the card.

You have to push "as firmly as you can" untill you hear the "snap" sound.

If not, the battery does not make good contact with the card.

GL

Alex

vs80
Occasional Advisor

i also have W2003, but why it doesnt work on 2003. Did you try to fix it? Cause when I downloaded the firmware from HP.com I chose it for 2003 server. I also heard that some firmwares may not correctly work on P410i. Is version 6.00 OK with this controller?

And I should look at the date on battery. Does it show the production date only or smth like best before too?

It says Battery failed and should be replaced on POST and in ACU, but maybe its because of the firmware?

Thanks...

PZel
Trusted Contributor

The date stamped on the battery is the production Date. So in your case a new one should be: xx/13.

On a lot of my DL380G7(P410i) the FW level was 5.14. Now were upgrading to 6.40 (or 6.00). Because 6.40 is relativ new,  i did not investigate why 6.40 on W2K3 is not working, because most of our servers are W2K8R2.

So, i don't think FW level is an issue for your problem.

When after diagnosing the P410i  it says FAILED directly at POST it will never load, because its disable loading. SPN of the battery should be: 462976-001. The BBWC board itself (512 MB) (installed on the motherbrd) has SPN 462975-001. The cable has SPN: 488138-001. In some rare cases maybe the cable is bad, or the BBWC, but its probably a battery issue.

PZ
vs80
Occasional Advisor

Hi , after I upgraded BIOS version, the post message says that the battery is charging, but its been charging for more than one week already. And ACU says battery status -failed. I have the screenshot of log viewer in attach. Do you have any ideas?

PZel
Trusted Contributor

You can always check the LED's on the battery itself:

Google for User Guide P410 (pdf) and search for diagnosing error LEDs.

As already mentioned: Maybe its a cable or BBWC problem.

Which type BBWC are you using ??

PZ