ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752794 Members
7036 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Caddy for DL380 G5 (2.5in hot plug)?

Juergen Bock

Caddy for DL380 G5 (2.5in hot plug)?

Hello,

does any of you happen to know the part number of the 2.5" SATA hard disk caddy for a DL380 G5? There is something at http://www.scsi4me.com/product_info.php?products_id=1585
but I'd like to get the original one from HP if possible. Our product manager said that this part would not be available but I just can't believe this.
HP only offer 60GB SATA which is simply not big enough so I'll need to replace it anyway. I just don't want to buy the disk to get the caddy.

Thanks

p.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp forum moderator

6 REPLIES 6
e4services
Honored Contributor

That link could be a miss print, because it looks like the 3.5" caddy, not the 2.5.
I am pretty sure HP is using the caddy developed by Seagate for the 2.5 Savvio, but are you not talking about SAS drives not SATA for the G5? I do not see an SATA option. The Spec says "8 Small Form Factor (Serial Attached SCSI)"
Ahh in further investigation, I see in what they call the Enter server they did offer a SATA drive, Only in 60GB. 382264-001. Who knows what it is, but I guess the same tray as the SAS drives and like I said, I think Seagate rpovides the SAvvio 2.5 drives with the tray they developed for the drive and it is not available by itself as far as I know.
What drive are they using in this 2.5 SATA Hot Swap? A Laptop Drive? You must have one already right?
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Juergen Bock

Thanks for your reply. I do have a drive but I'm not in the office so all I remember is that it's a Seagate 2.5inch drive with a little HP sticker on it.
I'll let you know the exact type of the disk on Monday.
Thanks and have a nice weekend
e4services
Honored Contributor

If that is the case, 2.5" Seagate SATA drive, I would guess the Momentus 7200.1 drive, a notebook drive that they seel for "other" applications like desktops and enry level servers.
Currently this drive is available in 60, 80 and 100GB. Soon this family is to release in 120 and 160GB drives, SATA.
So the best we could do for your server now is a 100GB in the 2.5 hot swap tray
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Juergen Bock

Looks like I was wrong. It's not a Seagate but a Fujitsu MHV2060BS.
The link I posted is probably ok as the 2.5in caddies look like on the picture. The mechanism seems to be the same as with the 3.5in, just smaller.
Ciao
e4services
Honored Contributor

Again a drive that is truely a laptop drive, but Fujitsu calls this line "Extended Duty Mobile Internal Hard Drives" MHVxxxxBS.... "with the ability to function 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the 2.5- inch hard disk drives are also well suited for many storage requirements, including blade servers, network routers and POS applications"
Same statement as the Momentus. Available to 80GB. the new MHWxxxxBS up to 120GB
Hot Swap Hard Drives
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

which kinf of controller card is installed on this server?