ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753580 Members
6315 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can I make Smart Update Firmware DVD and Smart CD as usb bootable simultaneously?

mildsavage

Can I make Smart Update Firmware DVD and Smart CD as usb bootable simultaneously?

I have create the Smart CD to usb key as the bootable device by usb utility, and add the Smart Update Firmware DVD as an addtional. When I choose the usb device boot, what will happen?
I can choose the menu to select if I want to use smart cd or Update Firmware DVD ?
4 REPLIES 4
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor

Re: Can I make Smart Update Firmware DVD and Smart CD as usb bootable simultaneously?

You need to create a separate USB key from Smart Update Firmware DVD image.
mildsavage

But, what's the second function 'add an addtional CD/DVD to bootable usb'?
Ali
HPE Pro

link to download smartstart,firmware dvd and usb key utility:
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/core-management-100.html
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Yes, you can have SmartStart and the Firmware DVD on the same USB key. The USB key just needs to be large enough to hold both. The USB key utility will create a menu when you add the second product. During boot you select either SmartStart, or Firmware
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!