5254 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can't boot from cd rom on DL 380 G5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jay Matthiesen

Can't boot from cd rom on DL 380 G5

I cannot boot the smartstart cd from CDrom on the new DL380 g5 I just recieved. I have checked the cabling, which appears to be intact. I have ejected the drive several times and re-inserted thinking that the connections weren't good but no change.

How can I verify that the cd/dvd rom drive is being picked up by the server as it does not show up in the post. I looked in the RBSU but now luck seeing it there.

Thoughts? advice?
4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't boot from cd rom on DL 380 G5

have you check boot device priority?

in the RBSU -> Standar boot order remember save the changes with F10

that should be work just in case test the CD in another server, just to be sure if the CD was properly burn I mean have you used this CD before?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Jay Matthiesen

I have the CDROM as the first Boot device and the cd came from HP and it works in other servers. Is there any way to tell if the server is even picking up the device at boot time? The device does get power because I a open and close the drive, but it won't spin up the smartstart cd. The cd drive is an hp dvd rom model# ddu810A
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

well try with another unit from another server
it's not common but... or try using usb drive or usb cdrom

read this

HP USB Key Utility for Windows
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/24828.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Jay Matthiesen

I attached an external usb CD drive I had and all went well. I need to open the server and check the cable to the cd-rom one more time. If that doens't fix it, I will be calling my VAR about a faulty cd drive.