ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753828 Members
8679 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can't configure RAID on ML10 v2 (B120i controller)

SOLVED
Go to solution
jojo1977
Occasional Advisor

Thank you sir Jimmy already workin right now.  . . Thank you very big. . 

Is this ML10 V2 doesn't support windows 2003 r2 server sir?

jojo1977
Occasional Advisor

Hi Again,

I would like to ask about the ML10v2 again. I already run the SSA for raid1 and SPP for firmware update. On my way installing windows server 2008 r2 after i click the install button they look for the driver and the raid i already configure thru SSA doesn't appear. I configure the RBSU enable Embedded B120i Sata Controller. . 

Please help me. . 

Thank

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Are you using 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1? accoring to the listing here that is teh minimum supported version

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home

[Note: broken link updated/removed by Mod]

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
jojo1977
Occasional Advisor

Hi Sir Jimmy,

Good day, As for verification of my windows server 2008 r2 is it not with service pack 1. So i need to find windows server 2008 r2 with integrated Service Pack 1?

In additional sir i tried also to installs Windows server 2012 R2 same problem with the 2008 R2 no logical drive found in the gui upon installtion and they are looking for the driver.

Thank you 

Spoiler
:)

jojo1977
Occasional Advisor

Hi Sir Jimmy,

1. were can i find the driver of the Controller for the B120i and if those file is executable how do i use and how could i run it? I download the windows 2008 r2 with service pack 1 but still problem upon installing stated need to load driver from cd or usb flash drive.

2. I already run the SSA and make raid1 for mirroring for 2 1tb sata and 1 spare and status is ok but when i tried to install OS 2008 r2 or 2012 r2 same result they are looking for the driver. I've been here for almost 3days to configure the controller.

3. I tried to enable ahci and tried to install os no problem at all. I dont know how could i configure this ML10 v2 server, 

Thanks

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Hopefully someone running Windows will post information on setting up the system using the B120i.  I spend my days on the Linux side of the house and don't work with Windows very often

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Matty-CT
Occasional Visitor

Remember good old SmartStart? You'd pop in the CD/DVD, boot to it, select the OS you want to install, SmartStart would configure array, partition drive(s), install OS after you popped in proper media, and start HP app/driver install upon OS first boot. You could even pre-register OS by entering COA info.

HP took half a step back with SPP if you ask me. I'm doing a ML10v2 right now for a customer and it's just a royal pain going through the extra steps. Is the extra 50 cents for a DVD or two in the box to assist in rapidly deploying a Windows Server OS such a burden on HP? I understand that HP has a procedure that works, but it isn't as good as it used to be, in my estimation.

As a matter of fact, on the ML10v2 support and drivers page, I don't see the B120i driver set listed! Seriously??? I've been an HP Partner for nearly 20 years. Ridiculous.

Matt

Vitalij_BY
Visitor

Hi, english isn't my native language, so sorry for mistakes.

Trying ask here: raid was configurate and choose in BIOS. When I begin install windows server 2008 r2 sp1, it shows empty window with driver choose and message: "can't to find disk driver", then I insert flashcard with raid driver controller b120i for windows server 2008 r2 from hp official site, then driver install run, but then it shows empty window with no one disk and ask disk driver again.

HPserverby

Hello everyone, I solved the problem.
The necessary drivers for the controller:

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_0be6f79ae4094c4384c7dc4ef9

I tried it, and it's works.

Vitalij_BY
Visitor

Thanks a lot !!! It works !!!

I spend my worktime in search of working drivers, finded many "dead" pages and links on hp site.

It will be first and last server by hp in our company. Awfull tech support.