1753946 Members
7544 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can't configure hardware

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Can't configure hardware

I have two Proliant DL380/G2s that were configured with SmartStart 5.20. I now want to change the hardware configuration, but it won't let me do it. I can boot from the system partition, but when I select "configure hardware" the server just reboots itself. I've 'updated' the system partition several times to no effect. This also happens if I try to run sysconfig from floppy. I've updated the system BIOS as well as the firmware on the Smart Array 5i - also with no effect. I even wiped NVRAM. I'm faced with doing a full system erase - not something I'm looking forward to.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Doug Black
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I found the answer in a Compaq Customer Advisory: SCU isn't supported on this server; you have to use the ROM-based Setup Utility (RBSU). Not the answer I wanted, since the RBSU doesn't do much, but oh well...
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

all G2 products have hw-configuration removed from the system partition. use F9 to use RBSU (rom based setup utility). trying F10 hw-config will reboot the system and automatically access RBSU.
you can do everything with RBSU. things that have been removed are no longer usefull in new systems anyway. if you try to find IRC settings - sorry this feature has been removed in all G2 products.

ernesto from germany