108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Can´t find any drive when installing Windows 2008 Server | ML110 G5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kidd_1

Can´t find any drive when installing Windows 2008 Server | ML110 G5

Hi,

I have tried to install Windows Server 2008 now for a while, but with no success.

I can´t find my hard drive (s) when I try to install. I have tried with the hard drives without raid and with raid 1.

I have tried some different drivers. And the "Easy Set-up CD" don´t know what controller either. It says that it is "82801 sata raid controller" but is not supported by that CD.

The name of that CD is very ironic...

I have made some CD´s with dirivers but no one seems compatible with the model. And if I try to use them anyway I can´t see any drive.

Could someone please help me with this?
2 REPLIES 2
Andy Baguley
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: Can´t find any drive when installing Windows 2008 Server | ML110 G5

You need to load the necessary drivers as part of the windows installation. Without those the Installation will not see any drives.

I think it is package cp009156 you need to get from the HP drivers download site for the ML110. If not that one it might be cp008697. It is a while back so can not remember exactly!

Extract the content onto a USB drive.

Plug the USB into the server, and boot from the Windows install CD. When you get to the page, and you see no drives listed, go to load drivers, and browse the USB to find and load them.

If that is successful you should then see a disk listed, and you can continue.

Hope this helps.
Andy
Kidd_1

Re: Can´t find any drive when installing Windows 2008 Server | ML110 G5

Thank you for your replay!

That must be the only file that I didn't try. :)

But wouldn't it be nice if the "Easy" Set-up CD contains the correct drivers? ;)

But, thanks again!