1752754 Members
5263 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can't get into BIOS of the Proliant 1600R 6/500

Mei_6

Can't get into BIOS of the Proliant 1600R 6/500

Hi guys!

I'm having some troubles getting into the bios of my proliant 1600R type 6/500.

As far as I know I need to push the F10 key when I see the Proliant logo. Unfortunately, I don't see the bios appearing. I see either nothing, or either an error that my keyboard isn't working (too much F10..).

Can anyone help me? Is there another trick, like pushing the button at another time, an app for windows, a diskette, etc. ??

Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
Anthony Koay
Occasional Advisor

Re: Can't get into BIOS of the Proliant 1600R 6/500

Hi Mei,

If you have an existing system partition in the hard disk, and by pressing F10, it will bring out the system config utility (SCU). You need to use SCU to config P1600 & re-save new config in the NVRAM.

If you don't have & not sure, then you have to use the SmartStart CD v5.x. Boot up from SSCD v5.x then select SCU in the menu to start configure.

Remember, only proliant G2 & later are using RBSU to configure the NVRAM by pressing F9. Earlier model (cream color chassis) do not support RBSU (Rom-Based Setup Utility)

Cheers!!

AK
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Mei_6

Thanks, both of you!

SS has been installed correctly. Th├Г┬бt F10 prompt was, and is, working. I was a little bit confused about the fact that I thought there was a possibility to get into a rom BIOS. Which doesn't seem to be there.

I wanted to set up the server to wake up on lan, but couldn't find it in the SS config, therefore I thought there should be another config util which does has that option??
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Check if system board has connector for WOL, otherwise there will be no Option to support WOL, as onboard NIC probably don't have that Future

If system board has connector Use NC3120 NC3121