1753564 Members
5749 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can't login to System Management Homepage

Karen Brookes

Can't login to System Management Homepage

Hi.

I can't login to System Management homepage. The person who installed this is no longer here. I am running version v5.7.0. Any suggestions?

Also, the reason for me going here is because server was rebooting over the weekend due to temperature. I was hoping this is where I would go to configure the options for this. Is this correct?

P.S. this thread has been moevd from Servers - Experts Online Now!!! > Itanium Based - Experts Online Now!!! to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) - HP Forums Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
CA845876
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't login to System Management Homepage

I will assume that you can get to the SM homepage, but can't log in.

What kind of system do you have? If it's something smaller like an rx2620 or 4640, there should be a serial port that you can connect to via a null modem cable to get a command line interface, where you can reset the administratior logins. However, if you can't get in because you don't know the password, then there is usually a little button to clear out the Management Processor. This button is not visible from outside, you have to poke it through one of the air holes on the back with a paperclip. Alternatively, you could open the whole thing up, locate the coin battery, and remove it for a few minutes. You have to take off a bunch of stuff to find the battery on these Itanium servers, they're not like PC's where the battery is out in the open and obvious. Look for it hiding on a little daughterboard, possibly on the underside, near the back of the unit.

If you don't have one of the smaller systems, the above advice may not apply.

If the issue is that you can't get to the SM homepage at all, then check the firewall settings of your browser.
Karen Brookes

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I am not sure if this applies to us our system is a Proliant ML530. I can bring up the System Management Homepage but do not know the password.
Karen
CA1320481

I have a DL380G3 and have the same problem. I can get to the mgmt page but do not have the password to log in. How can I reset this?

DL380 G3 has default password.
if you have win2k3 on your DL380,the password is hpinvent;
if you have win2k on your DL380,the password is admin+the last 6 serial number but you should sign in these 6 character from back to front.

i am so sorry for my poor english!