ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752795 Members
5912 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can you tell me more about this HP Proliant Server? ML350

buffettnh

Can you tell me more about this HP Proliant Server? ML350

Picked this up from a business that was liquidating old technology. Based on the part # Google says it is an ML350 G4 W/ Xeon 3.2GHX processor.

Problem is I cannot get pass the admin password for the 2003 Windows Server. I am looking to resell this unit.

I noticed it has 4 72.8GB 10k HDD & it looks like one processor. Turns on and appears to boot up fine. Cant figure out how to check the specs of the machine without the password.

Is this type of machine still in demand?

Is the Win 2003 Server good forever or is it worthless because it needs to be renewed?

How can I determine what it has for specs, condition, and the value?

Thank you, any help is appreciated.
Jason
2 REPLIES 2
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: Can you tell me more about this HP Proliant Server? ML350

Hi Jason,

You may get hdd and other details during post itself.

However, if you are looking for specific report with detailed information, run insight diagnostic or Survey from Smartstart CD.

you May download Smartstart CD from the HP.com
File name: smartstart-8.30-0-x86.zip (563 MB)

about other queries, you may refer to this link
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantml350/

hope this helps,

thanks
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Re: Can you tell me more about this HP Proliant Server? ML350

Windows 2003 belongs to the company not the server. You will have to remove it. Microsoft usually does not transfer OS to a new owner. You could wipe the drives and install your own OS like Linux. My ML350 G5 servers had $800-$1200 resell value with a pair of E5420 Xeons, 4GB of RAM, Fiber HBAs.