ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748089 Members
4774 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Cannot Install AHS Log Download CLI for Windows - "CHIF driver must be installed"

UnicefTacro
Occasional Advisor

Cannot Install AHS Log Download CLI for Windows - "CHIF driver must be installed"

I am trying to install the latest Active Health System Log Download CLI for Windows but upon launching the MSI i get the error "The iLO Channel Interface (CHIF)" driver must be installed before installing this package.

The driver was actually installed on version 3.30 as part of the "ILO 3/4 Management Controller Driver", after getting the error I dowloaded and installed the latest v4 but it didnt change the error above.

Is this thing simply not working?

3 REPLIES 3
MV3
HPE Pro

Re: Cannot Install AHS Log Download CLI for Windows - "CHIF driver must be installed"

Hi,

The Active Health System Log Download CLI for Windows will work.

Have you installed the latest version 4.3.0.0?

If not installed, Upgrade the driver to latest from the below given link and check.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=1010145741&swItemId=MTX_967421dcfb7f4373adf00d9782&swEnvOid=4184#tab-history

Cheers

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
UnicefTacro
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, 

Yes, the driver was installed but on version 3.3, I upgraded to the latest 4.3 and I got the same issue.

MV3
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please raise a support case with HPE . Looks like this needs and investigation.

I work for HPE

Cheers

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo