5423 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot Install W2003 on DL380 G3

Stelios Stylianou
Occasional Advisor

Thanks guys for your support

Gus, the server is brand new, not an upgrade, never worked before, I have replaced the motherboard and the memory.
The part code of RAM is 261584-041

Saket, I have done the full system erase many times but again can't finish the installation.

I have also tried removing the 2 disks from the faulty server and install them in another DL380G2 server and the installation completed successfully, so this comes to the conclution that both the disks and the software part is okay.
Anyway I am now waiting a new server DL380G3 to replace all the parts and find the problem
Gus Kwong
Respected Contributor

Hi Stelios,

I guess after all the hassle it is worthwhile to get HP to swap it out.

Just one little thing --- I could not match the part number 261584-041 in the DL380g3 specification page... http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11473_div/11473_div.HTML#Memory

cheers

Gus
Learning never ends
Stelios Stylianou
Occasional Advisor

Hi guys,
I am replying just to let you know what the problem was. After I got another DL380 G3 exactly the same as the faulty one I started replacing one part at a time and trying to finish the installation of the OS. I came to the conclusion that the processor of the server was faulty as well as the replacement I got. So when I replaced the CPU for the second time everything was fine and I started a new installation and finish it without any errors or anything wrong.
Two faulty 2.8GHz XEON CPUs were causing all this trouble. Just consider replacing the CPU also when you have a similar problem in the future.