6597 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Cannot Load iLO 2 In Browser - Please Help

ReelTackle
Frequent Visitor

Cannot Load iLO 2 In Browser - Please Help

Hi Guys

I have a DL 360 G5 server and for some reason now I cannot load the admin login page for the server to access my iLO 2

It has always worked perfectly but now we cannot login and even using Putty fails.

Does anyone have any idea on what is happening or how I can access the iLO.

When I try to navigate to the server IP the page just hangs and cannot load.

My website is up and running fine,it's just the iLO 2 that I cannot access.

Thanks guys

Lance

7 REPLIES 7
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

ReelTackle
Frequent Visitor

Hi Scharchouf

Thank you for your quick reply.

As mentioned in my original post I cannot access the server through HTTPS or Putty so I do not know how I can update the iLO 2

Can you offer any advice please on what options I have for accessing the server.

I am 1000km away from my server as it is sitting in a data center in Sydney and I am located in Brisbane so I cannot go and do it manually.

I am also not an IT guy so it is not really that easy understanding this stuff.

Thanks again

Lance

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

If you can still access the host OS, load the "hponcfg" utility. (You may also need to load the iLO channel interface driver). hponcfg allows you to access the iLO from the host OS.  If the iLO is in a hung statem, with hponcfg you can try to reset the iLO.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Have you recently scanned your management network for the Heartbleed vulnerability?

See this Customer Notice about how heartbleed scanning can impact iLO2

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/kb/docDisplay/?docId=emr_na-c04249852

Ditto on the probability that someone/something scanned for the Heartbleed vulnerability.  Check that HP note that was linked to above.

Unfortunately it looks like the only solution is to totally remove power to the affected server.  If this is in a remote datacenter, for your sake I hope you have someone who can do that on-site, or have a managed power switch.

There is a firmware update for the ILO 2 to fix this, so I'd recommend updating any other ILO 2 systems that have not yet been affected, otherwise it may be a matter of time before they to get scanned and knocked offline.

If you didn't do the scan yourself, you should probably make sure you're not opening up your ILO addresses to the world.  If they're already firewalled, find whoever did the scan and get them to stop or exclude your systems until you can patch any other ILO 2 servers.

ReelTackle
Frequent Visitor

Thanks guys.

I will arrange the data center to pull the plug and see how we go.

Once done if I can log back in I will annoy you guys on how to update the server software as I think it is quite old,probably several years since it was installed.

Thanks heaps

Lance

ReelTackle
Frequent Visitor

I just spoke to a mate who is a Linux Technician and he believes he can access my OS through other means but he is not familiar with iLO 2.

Can iLO be restarted once he gains access to Linux and if so what commands will restart iLO 2 to solve this issue.

I can get a technician to manually restart my sever by pulling the plugs but they want $80 to do it.

My server has CENTOS 5.8 x86_64 standard with iLO 2 and WHM.

Now i know we will need to update the server and its software but after looking though the HP website I am finding it extremely confusing on what updates we need.

I would like to update everything if possibe,drivers, bios and software if it's needed so is there a package that does everything or do I need to find all the updates seperately and download them.

Thanks guys

Lance