ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753424 Members
4964 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot install "HP NC-Series Broadcom 1Gb Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003" on G5

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Cannot install "HP NC-Series Broadcom 1Gb Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003" on G5

With Support Pack 8.2 come this driver:

HP NC-Series Broadcom 1Gb Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003

Version: 4.6.17

When I try to upgrade a ProLiant DL380 G5, currently running version 4.4.21, it fails. It says something about first upgrading a virtual bus drive (not sure the exact error). I have tried several G5s - they all fail the same way.

What fun...anyone have any suggestions?
Nelson
4 REPLIES 4
MRIS
Solution

Re: Cannot install "HP NC-Series Broadcom 1Gb Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003" on G5

Hi Nelson,

Please read this bulletin:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01684544&dimid=1002159936&dicid=alr_apr09&jumpid=em_alerts/us/apr09/all/xbu/emailsubid/mrm/mcc/loc/rbu_category/alerts

in case the above link dies, the guts of the information is as follows:

When running a driver version earlier than version 4.6.16.0, two driver updates are required for the driver to be updated to a version later than version 4.6.16.0. Install version 4.6.16.0 and then upgrade the driver beyond version 4.6.16.0 as follows:

(instructions in the article, standard stuff, install that version, then install the latest version)
MRIS

the only extra thing to look out for, is that they've given two separate download URLS for:
Windows Server 2003 x64

My guess is that one of them is supposed to be:
Windows Server 2008 x86, but they made a typo.

so be careful that you get the right one.
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Excellent. Thanks!
Nelson
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

I have to update to a lower version first, which will then allow me to update to the latest version.

Nelson