4131 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot modify disk thresholds

Werner De Kuyffer
Occasional Advisor

Cannot modify disk thresholds

Hi,

Using CIM, I connect to a machine' s management agents (http://machine:2301). I log in as administrator and click on the 'Compaq Management Agents' link. In the category 'Mass Storage', I click on the link 'File System Space Used'. Normally, I should have the possibility to change the disk thresholds but I don' t. I can' t change disk threshold pointers and I don' t see the buttons 'Reset to original values' and 'Save thresholds' nor the checkbox 'Synchronize thresholds for all volumes'. What I going on here? Can someone help me out please?

Kind regards,
Werner
3 REPLIES 3
Sigi J
Valued Contributor

Re: Cannot modify disk thresholds

hi Werber,
i think you did not set the right snmp community strings, which must have write access on the remote machine.
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

This is correct:
1) you should have the same SNMP community string on your client machine as on the server before you can change any web-based threshold settings
2) this string should have R/W or R/C access on the server
All thresholds changes are done via the SNMP SET command, which requires this security access. The webagent simply translates the commands to the 'real' storage agent.

Rgds, Gert Luyten - Compaq ACI
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!
Sigi J
Valued Contributor

hi Gerd,

thank you for concretising my very short answers. This way i also learn some more details, even if i already should know them... ;)