5853 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot power up HP ProLiant ML150

zxcv86
Occasional Advisor

Cannot power up HP ProLiant ML150

I have a big problem with my server.
firstly i cannot power up the system. although i take out the Hardics still cannot power up.

sometime its ok, but when i restart it will be hang and then shut down with no reason.

plz somebody help me..
10 REPLIES 10
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

What changed since it last powered up? Did you add anything? Make sure all the fans, CPUs, and connections are correct. Put in minimal RAM.
zxcv86
Occasional Advisor

im not changing anything, since Thursday i cannot power up but last night suddenly it can power up. after i scan the hardisc then i try to restart the system but still hanging and not restart. i force shut down by turn off the power then i try to power up it back but still cannot
zxcv86
Occasional Advisor

in this pic is the condition when i switch ON power. the led at inside cpu (red circle) always blinking and at front panel its show like at pic (red circle).

when i push button ON still nothing happen..led inside cpu always blinking.
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Please mention what is the exact the server model like the Generation. Is this ML150 G1 or some other generation.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

zxcv86
Occasional Advisor

its look like
HP ProLiant ML150 G5 Server series
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

No beeps. Does it get through POST without any errors? Does Windows try to load? I would say a bad system board to start. Do you have a Carepaq on it? If yes, call support.
zxcv86
Occasional Advisor

nothing.no sound and no window load.

i try measure voltage then there is no 12VDC. when i pull off the cable from the board (where its have many wire) then i got 12V back. if i put it back the cable then the 12V will gone. why..?? anyone can help me
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi there,

gone through the post but still have questions to clarify the situation.

what is the LED status of the Power supply... do you observe power supply is being power on or power is being supplied..?
how many power supplies?
if you have redundant power supply.. then did you try with one PSU..?

How many processors you have?

did you try with base configuration .. minimum memory, NO HDD, NO PCI controllers, just 1 processor etc...

thanks,
Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

zxcv86
Occasional Advisor

when power supply is being supply, no LED still off.
when power supply is ON, LED its ok no blinking.

my CPU have 2 processor.

i'm already do base configuration minimum memory, NO HDD, NO PCI controllers, just 1 processor etc still cannot power up