New Discussion юеВ

Cannot reset Critical IML entry

SOLVED
Go to solution
Reto Gassmann
Occasional Contributor

Cannot reset Critical IML entry

Hi all
we have som DL380 running with Cisco Callmanager. Since the Cisco OS has not all Management Agents installed, I have a problem resetting / accept a Critical IML alert. A few days ASR rebooted the Server because of a failure in the OS. Since then I get an Error on my SNMP Networkmanagement, saying that the Health and the Eventlog Status are down. (I get a SNMP Value of 4 instead of 2)
Is there a possibility to reset the IML without the Management Agents (cause I don't want to install anything besides Callmanager)

Thank you
Reto
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot reset Critical IML entry

Hi Reto,

Yes, you can reset the IML from iLO, assuming your server has got that - you don't say what generation DL380...

From the iLO home page -> Integrated Management Log -> Clear IML

Cheers,

Rob
Reto Gassmann
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rob
thanks for your reply. We have DL 380 G4 with iLO 1.89.
I Cleard the IML LOG but I have still the Errormessage (statement 4 == 2 not true). It is possible to access / reset these values with SNMP??

Have you any other idea??

Thanks Reto

Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Reto
If iLO doesn't work for you, maybe try the latest SmartStart CD. Maintain Server > HP Insight Diagnostic > Log TAB > Integrated Management Log TAB. I had some issues with Integrated Management Log Viewer for Windows. It cleared IML, and everything was looking fine, however when I run Insight Diagnostics, I could see IML messages invisible in Windows IML viewer.
The latest version of Smartstart CD is here:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26397.html
Reto Gassmann
Occasional Contributor

With the help of the Smart Start CD it worked. But I had to reboot the Server.

Thanks Reto