New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cant install any OS through HP Intelligent Provisioning ML 350p G8

SOLVED
Go to solution
esantos999
Advisor

Cant install any OS through HP Intelligent Provisioning ML 350p G8

Hi,

I'm trying to install Windows 2012 Standard through HP Intelligent Provisioning on a ProLiant ML 350p G8. At prompt I press the F10 key , then choose Configure and Install, in the System Software Update I choose Skip update since I have version 1.30.113, I then choose the OS, Computer name, password, etc.

At end when the system is preparing the installation and near the end of the progress bar I get a window with this error message:

JavaScript error ocurred! Error descripition:
HP_ReadCookie("AdminPassword").replace is not a function Page:
http://127.0.0.1:5008/js/_busy.js Line number:762

I'm choosing 123456789 for password since this installation is only for testing purposes.

I tried Install SBS 2011 Standard resulting the same error.

What could be wrong?

Regards,
Edgar Santos

Regards,
Edgar Santos
6 REPLIES 6
xmate
Valued Contributor

Hello

the first thing you can do is to update your intelligent provisioning to version 1.40.

It may have some errors fixed. You can download intelligent provisioning recovery media here.

The second thing is to update server's firmware to the latest level. Though I don't think it is corresponding to the error but it's a best practice to update firmwware before OS installation. You can download the latest SPP version here. You can either burn it down to dvd and boot from it, or make a bootable flash with the HP USB Key utility.

As an alternative can you try to make your password more complicated (Length, lower and apper case letters, digits and signs)? May be windows rejecting your simple password as a security policy and intelligent provissioning try to go to the next step while current is not completed and catch an error.

Please proceed with these steps and post the result.

Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Star.
Dave73
Regular Advisor
Solution

Make your password - Passw0rd1

Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Did you try changing the password to "password standards " I am assuming it is not accepting the password as it is not something secure . Just a wild guess
Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
mhunter
Frequent Advisor

http://www.tricksguide.com/update-gen8-server-firmware-using-intelligent-provisioning.html

Follow this guide, you are using an old version of Intelligent Provisioning (1.4 is latest).

Reply if you are still having an issue pushing an OS over IP.

Hazem Bahgat
Frequent Advisor

Greeting there,

i have done this installation before, you have two way to proceed through:

A. through a work around, all you have to is:

1- reboot your server on the SPP, upgrade your firmware. (this procedure is important for the Sake of the array controller)

2- insert your windows 2012 DVD, and install your Windows2012.

3- now re-run the SPP over windows once more to install all the needed Drivers and firmware needed.

4- after you finish, use your app.

i have done a video for this on youtube, just search for Hazem Bahgat on youtube, and see workaround for installing windows 2012 without IP.

B. you can just Upgrade the Intelligent provisioning feature using the Intelligent provisiong Recovery DVD, you have to restart your server, choose F10 to enter IP, then move to perform Maintanence, and choose IP Recovery, process with this upgrade, then install your OS

Best Regards and Appreciation,
Hazem Bahgat

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
BrianY
Occasional Visitor

This is old but in case anyone else runs into this what solved it for me on a BL460c G9 was moving my mounted ISO file to the root of the D drive before mounting it in ILO. Path was too long where I was keeping it stored.