1753781 Members
7467 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Care Pack Question

MGBNH
Occasional Advisor

Care Pack Question

I have a couple DL360 G7s running in my rack whose original support is coming to an end.  I want to get U2FZ1E, but my VAR wants to sell me the higher priced U2JQ3PE, saying the latter is the only thing that comes up in post warranty.  Is U2FZ1E an option for me, so I can continue to receive firmware and some level of support?

Martin

7 REPLIES 7
omnix-mm
Advisor

Usually,Care Pack support is if repair for broken server only. (and you can ask and to get support issues on chat.)

So,If You get firmware and some support level are always by my self. Do not it guarantee of Care Pack services.

(If you want to do get pre alarm some issues from HP that must be more than high level support contract, ex, Proactive Care support .)

MargotE
Visitor

Hi - there are two different Post Warranty Care Packs that HP offers. One is for reactive hardware support only. The Second is a Proactive Care support that does include Firmware and Software revision management. The Proactive Care Post Warranty suppport does cost more, but it is bescause it offers you more and the benefits are greater. Your other option would be The Post Warranty Care pack and Proactive Select credits to help manage your firmware. Your Authorized Reseller of choice could help you with this.

I hope this helps answer your question. Thank you for being a valued HP customer.

Thanks,

Margot

BK_HPE
Valued Contributor

Hello @MGBNH

I recommend visiting the HP Meet the HP technology experts web site, which you can team up with HP technology experts that can help transform your business.  In order to recommend the correct technology expert we would need to know where you are located i.e. city and State. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me for HP products.

MGBNH
Occasional Advisor

Is this just a mechanism to meet another VAR?  I'm not looking to transform our business, I just want to get a question answered.

Martin

MGBNH
Occasional Advisor

Thank you, MM, thak you, Margot.

So, if I have this correctly, there are three options:

1) reactive hardware support - no firmware nor SPPs

2) Proactive Care support - has firmware and SPPs

3) Post Warranty Care pack and Proactive Select

is this one SKU or two?

you simply buy credits against this?  What do you get for those credits besides SPPs and firmware?

Martin

omnix-mm
Advisor

Hi,MGBNH
DL360G7 was legacy.
So,I'm choose 1) and downloaded SPP2014.06.
Because,SPP2014.06 was last support RHEL 5.
(And, I think that solved many critical firmware issues is it for G7)
http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/index.aspx?version=2014.06.0

MargotE
Visitor

HI Martin,

Yes you are correct. There are 3 options. Please note that Proactive Select credits can be used for a meno of over 100+ technical and operational services dependant on what you need and speciffic times. Yes, they can be used to assist with Firmware and Software patches/revision updates, but also for assessments, and even a customer defied activity. Your VAR can give you more information about this.

I hope this answers your question and is of value. Again - thank you for being a valued HP customer, we are here to help you achieve your goals.

Regards,

Margot