108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Carepack Terms

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paul85

Carepack Terms

Hi Guys

I Remember seeing something about Carepacks not actually being Guarantees but "best efforts" and that if an engineer failed to meet the alocated response time, no compensation would be given?

I've looked and looked on the site and i cant find any mention of this.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Best Regards
5 REPLIES 5
KMullins
Frequent Advisor

From what i remember the carepaq 4hours does not start the minute when you call into Hp but it start from when the problem is diagnosed and they dispatch the case to there planning department.
The engineer has 4hours to arrive onsite but this can be delayed due to traffic or parts late ect.

4hours to Fix is different on the other hand.

Best Effort is when a customer is using a legacy system or a system that is out of warranty or a os version that is not fully supported they will try and help.
KMullins
Frequent Advisor

Joel Belizario
Trusted Contributor
Solution

I have found that Carepaqs are highly dependent on parts being available, so if you are based in a larger city where HP have a warehouse you have a much better chance of having someone out the same day.

I've run into situations where the part was not available and had to be shipped overnight. You don't want to know the response time on some desktop / laptop fixes I've dealt with.

Sometimes it's just luck of the draw to be honest! If your company has the budget I'd highly recommend considering keeping parts on-site for mission critical equipment.

I've seen organisations scream at vendors when they don't meet their SLAs but that's not dealing with the reality, ultimately the IT people are going to have their heads on the chopping block after the company's mission-critical legacy server with (unsupported since 1999) application fails.

Just my 2 cents... :)
Paul85

Thanks very much lads...
Joel Belizario
Trusted Contributor

Please say thanks with HP points! :)