5183 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Centos 5.3 on ML150

Zahiz
Occasional Advisor

Centos 5.3 on ML150

Hi guys,
we have just purchased Proliant ML150(G5) with server 2003 but i want to install centos 5.3 on it so i want to know that can i use redhat 5 Linux server drivers for centos 5.3 and second how i integrate drivers in centos or give drivers for ML150 (G5) while installing.i have no floppy drive on server.Plz reply soon
5 REPLIES 5
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

we have just purchased Proliant ML150(G5) with server 2003 but i want to install centos 5.3 on it so i want to know that can i use redhat 5 Linux server drivers for centos 5.3

= yes you can install the drivers for RHEL

and second how i integrate drivers in centos or give drivers for ML150 (G5) while installing.i have no floppy drive on server.Plz reply soon

= if you have ILO advanced pack activated, you could mount CD/DVD and floppy from your computer.

mikap
Zahiz
Occasional Advisor

thanks for help. I also wanna know that where i can get the documentation for RHEL 5 installation on ML150 G5. I searched a lot but dint find any appropriate thing.
and second thing how i can make Raid 5 on ML150 G5 coz i didnt find any startup cd so may i can set it there like i do in prolient ML350 start up cd. so kindly help me out.I have 2 Sata Hot plug drives 250 Gb and i want to add 2 more hot plug drives of same space but dont know where to make raid 5 on this.

Regards!
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

the raid configuration is on the smartstart CD.

ok for raid 5 configuration you need to have minimum 3 hdd, so 2 HDD are not enough, if you have 3 or more you will be able to make the raid5, some people, are configuring 4 drives for raid5 but the raid is build only from 3 drives and 1 drive is such a SPARE disk.

it is possible to download it from this location :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=344318&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=345557тМй=en&cc=us&submit=Go%20%C2%BB

mikap
Zahiz
Occasional Advisor

I have four 250GB hot plug drives so i can make raid 5 but i didnt find any smart start cd with my server so ll download from the links.thanks for that

but you didnt mention the HP Documentation for RHEL5 installation on Proliant ML150 G5. can i get the link for that now coz i want to study that to do a proper installation.

Thanks and regards!
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I have four 250GB hot plug drives so i can make raid 5 but i didnt find any smart start cd with my server so ll download from the links.thanks for that

= the smartstart cd should help you with the configuration, and deployment.

but you didnt mention the HP Documentation for RHEL5 installation on Proliant ML150 G5. can i get the link for that now coz i want to study that to do a proper installation.

= try this link :
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/linux/documentation.html#linxlit

= my opinion is that, the RHEL/CenOS should be able to install the os on Proliant Servers. I don't have a documentation or howto install linux on proliant sevrers.

mikap