5034 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Change of motherboard in ML110 G9

Robertomcat
Regular Advisor

Change of motherboard in ML110 G9

Hello, good morning.

I have had a problem with the ML110 G9 motherboard, and there is a problem in the iLO module, and HPE has decided to send me a new motherboard and make the change.
I have several RAIDs managed from the built-in controller, and I have a P440 hardware controller in which I also have a RAID.

The system is completely updated with the latest SPP, and my question is how to tackle the migration from one motherboard to another.

As for backups, I can only use the backup made by Windows Server 2016, which I don't know how secure it can be. I have a Windows server installed on a 2x250GB RAID 1 managed by the integrated controller. And the P440 hardware controller manages a RAID 5 8x10TB.
What should I do to avoid problems with changing the motherboard and having it all recognized again?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Hi,

The controller confirgration and RAID informaiton is saved on the Hard drives. Changing the controller (onboard / PCI (440)) will not affect the RAID  or logical drives.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Robertomcat
Regular Advisor

Hello, good morning.
Thanks for the help. Greetings!