4003 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Change power supply HPE ML110 G9

Robertomcat
Regular Advisor

Change power supply HPE ML110 G9

Hello good afternoon.

I wanted to ask you if you can incorporate to this server a power supply other than the one that sells the HP brand, and be able to incorporate a Seasonic brand commercial in which you can choose a higher level of efficiency and high quality components, since the server is 365 days a year on.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
vijay9
HPE Pro

Re: Change power supply HPE ML110 G9

Hi Robertomcat, 

Please find the quick spec for ML110 Gen9 , below is the power supply only installed based on the product number of the server apart from that it wont support any third party power supply. 

ML110 Gen9 quick spec 

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04545445.pdf

Power Supply
One of the following depending on model
HPE 350W ATX-Gen9 Power Supply FIO Kit
HPE 550W ATX-Gen9 Power Supply Kit
HPE 750W CS Gold Ht Plg Pwr Supply Kit
NOTE: The first 750W CS Gold Ht Plg Pwr Supply Kit requires the RPS Enablement Kit.
NOTE: The RPS Enablement kit will support two power supplies.
HPE Entry-Level Power Supplies provide lower-cost options for customers trying to balance their need
for enterprise class efficiency and reliability while maintaining lowest possible hardware costs. All EntryLevel power supply options have been designed specifically for HPE ProLiant Gen9 Essential Series
servers.
The HPE 550W FIO Power Supply is the standard, non-redundant AC power supply option for most HPE
ProLiant Gen9 Essential servers. It features Silver-level (89%) certified power efficiency with a set of
features optimized for the Gen9 Essential-series rack and tower servers.

Regards, 

Vijay 

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Robertomcat
Regular Advisor

Re: Change power supply HPE ML110 G9

@vijay9 

Hi, thank you for you answer.

But what would be the problem of incorporating a third-party power supply? Currently, the iLO system does not recognize the power supply that it has incorporated.

Another thing is the prices of proprietary power supplies, which if you make comparisons with those of third parties, those of third parties have many more benefits, and the one that interests me most is energy efficiency.