4222 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Chassis Enclosure firmware upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vince Rosato

I have another question that goes along with this. I am currently receiving the following error message from several blade enclosures:

The power subsystem in enclosure XXXX (serial number of the enclosure), named XXX, is no longer redundant

Currently running version 2.20 in all blade and power enclosures. From what I am reading, it seems that version 2.30 may take care of this. Has anyone else seen this message before? And if so, did 2.30 take care of it?
John Stalzer
Frequent Advisor

There's a small cable that runs from each chassis. Do you have that installed?
Vince Rosato

If you are talking about the blue management link cable that links all the enclosures together, then yes, they are installed.
John Stalzer
Frequent Advisor

There was still a small pigtail that goes between the two powersupply chassis.
Vince Rosato

There is a short black cable connecting both power supply enclosures. They are located on the left hand side of the enclosure labeled "LS".
John Stalzer
Frequent Advisor

that's the one.......
look at upgrading your firmware. That's the only thing left.
Vince Rosato

There is one other thing that I noticed, all of the power enclosures are showing they have been configured with version 2.20, but each of the power supplies in the enclosure is showing a firmware version of 1.70. Is this normal?
Karljohan Lundh

have another question that goes along with this. I am currently receiving the following error message from several blade enclosures:

The power subsystem in enclosure XXXX (serial number of the enclosure), named XXX, is no longer redundant

Currently running version 2.20 in all blade and power enclosures. From what I am reading, it seems that version 2.30 may take care of this. Has anyone else seen this message before? And if so, did 2.30 take care of it?

I have the "error", according to the FW i'm running 2.20 on all my enclosures, both power and blade. Integrated management log claims that the 2 power enclosures run on 2.10?? I have a HUGE problom as well with my bladerack. When I remove/insert BL25p blades into the blade enclosures other blades FAILS! They loose nic connectivity and in the worst cases SHUT DOWN. My idea might be that the power enclosures fail to "count" the right amount o power needed and shuts down blades to protect power over consumption?

I have the FULL bladerack, 2 powerenclosures and 5 bladeenclosures so it should be all ok, all cables (both blue and black between enclosures is connected and have green lights/flash yellow for connection). I have registerd a case of the "power" fault when inserting/removing blades into the bladeenclosures but HP can├В┬┤t help me at this time. I do hope the new FW 2.30 that I'm upgrading right now might solve my probloms. What I can't figure is, why does my FW on the power enclosure say I run/upgrade from 2.20 and the Integrated management log tell me "chassis enclosure adress 4CBB requires minimum firmware revision 2.20. It is currently 2.10.