1753259 Members
6390 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Clean Install Windows Server 2012 R2 on ML350p Gen8

mttpv
Frequent Visitor

Clean Install Windows Server 2012 R2 on ML350p Gen8

Hello, I bought an used ML350p Gen8 server. I want to do a clean install of Windows 2012 R2. There is the key sticker on the computer. The key is for Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials 1-2 CPU for OEM. I don't have the Original DVD for installation. I tried to find a solution in the support page  but I'm new to this and there are so many drivers and software.

Also if press F10 to boot into Intelligent Provising, it starts loading but then it's black screen with only the cursor. Should I use the Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media to restore it?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
AmRa
HPE Pro

Hi 

Intelligent Provisioning simplifies ProLiant server setup, providing a reliable and consistent way to deploy ProLiant servers. Intelligent Provisioning assists with the OS installation process by preparing the system for installing "off-the-shelf" and HPE-branded versions of leading OS software and integrating HPE ProLiant server
support software from the SPP.

Hence please download and update Intelligent Provisioning through Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media.
And initiate the OS installation with Intelligent Provisioning assists, so that it will automatically install all required drivers and HPE utilities.

If still unable to install OS through Intelligent Provisioning, then you can download individual driver from below links.

HPE ProLiant Gen8 Servers - Software and Driver Download

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05029574

or

HPE ProLiant ML350p Gen8 Server

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/km/product/5195931/Product?cc=us&lang=en#t=DriversandSoftware&sort=relevancy&layout=table

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
mttpv
Frequent Visitor

Hi, thanks. I've used the recovery media and now I can boot into Intelligent Provising. Can I download Windows 2012 R2 180 trial and the use the OEM key that I have?

AmRa
HPE Pro

Hi 

May I know from where you got OEM key?

Have you received OEM OS media along with OEM key? If yes, use the same  OS media for OS installation.

Have this key used on any another server?If no, Then you can use the key.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
mttpv
Frequent Visitor

The server is not new is used. Another company bought it and now is closed. The OEM key is on the computer in the microsoft sticker. I don't have installation media.

AmRa
HPE Pro

Since the server is old, assuming the OEM key was already used and register with Microsoft.
Hence my suggestion is to download OS media from Microsoft site and reinstall the OS and use the same OEM key.
Later contact to Microsoft to register this OEM key with you details.

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo