1753404 Members
7072 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Clearing Thermal Status

Andy Stubbings
Frequent Advisor

Clearing Thermal Status

We recently had a major air con failurte and several servers shut themselves down, one of the servers a DL380 G3 is now reporting that is has a thermal failure on the "internal storage system on port 2", even though it hasn't, I have had the mainboard replaced and fans checked and everything checks out ok, but the status will not change, this server doesn't have the redundant fan kit installed, but this shouldn't be a problem according to the HP engineer.

Any ideas on how I can clear the status so the server reports no problems?
5 REPLIES 5
KMullins
Frequent Advisor

Do you have the exact error message by any chance should be reported in the event logs.

Also i suspect the interal health led is amber?

What version of the management agents are you running ? ( PSP version )

As for the logs check your intergrated management logs start/programs/compaq and mark as repaired.
Andy Stubbings
Frequent Advisor

No LEDs on System board or Fans that indicate a problem, only the attached event that occurs on boot up and the SMH error status (attached in next reply)
Andy Stubbings
Frequent Advisor

Attached SMH Status
KMullins
Frequent Advisor

Okay your are using the smart array 5i controller found a issue with the exact problem across the 5x series and 6xx series.

What firmware version do you have on the smart array controller?

If its below 2.58a it will need to be updated.

Select your OS and down firmware ( reboot required afterwards )
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/family/model/4706.html?lang=en&cc=us
Andy Stubbings
Frequent Advisor

Controller firmeware is v2.66, which I beleive is the latest and greatest.