cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock won't stay set.

Rick_189
Occasional Advisor

Clock won't stay set.

We have a brand new HP Proliant ML350. For some odd reason the clock will advance in time while the machine is running and loose time when the computer is powered down "not unplugged". Needless to say, this sucks, especially while tring to do backups with veritas 10d. The system always wants to do sced. backups. Anyway I think you get the point. Any ideas out there, besides changing the battery?
3 REPLIES

Re: Clock won't stay set.

Rick,

What operating system?

Restored back to factory settings?

Have you configured a time server?

Have you tried a new battery?

Do you loose custom CMOS setting when you do power down?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We have a brand new HP Proliant ML350. For some odd reason the clock will advance in time while the machine is running and loose time when the computer is powered down "not unplugged". Needless to say, this sucks, especially while tring to do backups with veritas 10d. The system always wants to do sced. backups. Anyway I think you get the point. Any ideas out there, besides changing the battery?
Rick_189
Occasional Advisor

Thanks John,

I called HP there going to send me a battery --- "WooHoo!".
Time server set - No
Custom cmos - NO

The computer is pretty much new out of the box. I've been using it as a Virtual Server "o'h the OS is 2003 server non R2" Anyway the server will be loaded with win 2003 R2 w/ Exchange 2003. Before we migrate from our old server win 2000 /w exchange 2000 I wan't to make sure all is well with the new box. HP is going to call back with tech support to resolve the issue. At least thats what they told me on the phone :)

-Rick

The idea that a battery would be bad on a new machine does seem unlikly.

Crazier things have happened I suppose.

Did HP call? Are they replacing the server?