5675 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Collect information from witnin Windows

rccmum
Super Advisor

Collect information from witnin Windows

Hi,

I am looking for an utility or a tool to collect the hardware and software information from HP Proliant DL/ML server running Windows.

Can anyone in here help me?

In h/w info, is there any way to get the info about part numbers of the parts installed ?

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
rccmum
Super Advisor

Re: Collect information from witnin Windows

Anyone?

Also is there any way through a script to get the product number?
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

there is a way I think with WMI script to take some info, but not the part numbers

You can use insight diagnostics's survey :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397634&prodNameId=3288132&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-91072b2df5724aa3a03c5a8b93

when you start on the survey page, selst all and advanced from the drop down menus and you will have a report with the installed Hardware, firmware versions, drivers, software, processes running, partnumber of the memories, product & serial number of the server and so on(not always the whole info)...

not sure if it is applicable in your case

Pac
Dennis_L
Advisor

system management homepage?
rccmum
Super Advisor

I wish OS and hardware OEMs were working together to make it possible on a particular platform. I know HP like other vendors ask for the compatible/supported h/w parts on their systems. Why not put some way to get the parts info either from within os or from service management iLO etc.?

I don't know how far SMH is useful in here.