ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752790 Members
6304 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Command line to determine model type? (From Windows)

Bryan Lucas_2
Occasional Advisor

Command line to determine model type? (From Windows)

I need a utility that works just like systype.exe does in DOS, but I need it for Win2003.
I could use snmputil 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.2.2.4.2.0, but my Win2003 machines do not have snmputil. (Since it is a Win2k res kit tool)
Surely I could use the same command or call that the survey utility uses or some command line interface to the server agent... Anyone know how to do that?

(I need the ability to check the ProLiant model type before executing a batch file)
4 REPLIES 4
rahul sharma_3
Occasional Contributor

You can use vb script to do that and you msinfo32 that would bring everything on the system side.
Bryan Lucas_2
Occasional Advisor

Msinfo32 is not a good method. (For one, it can peg the processor, for another, we typically disable the help and support service)

What is the process that Msinfo32 uses to get that info? Or VBScript for that matter?

Its not simple registry lookup, it is some kind of call to the ProLiant agents... That's what I need...
Kai-Uwe Schurig
Valued Contributor

Have a look at the Smart Start Scripting Toolkit:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/toolkit/index.html

--cut--
Hardware Discovery Utility
HWDISCOVERY is a utility that provides an inventory of the server being configured or
captured. HWDISCOVERY is executed by the server configuration script and captures the
following information:
- System ID
- System name ROM
- Processor information
- PCI devices present in the system
User process decisions can be made based on data that is in the file created by this utility.

Example:

A typical file generated by HWDISCOVERY is similar to the following:

P29
07/25/2003
ProLiant DL380 G3
$0E11072
D320KJN2H381
--cut--

Hope this helps,

Kai-Uwe
Bryan Lucas_2
Occasional Advisor

This looks perfect, but leads me into another issue... This util is dependant on the CPQASM driver which appears not to be supported on my test machine (nor a great deal of other models that we use, like DL360G4 and DL380G4)

Still looking...