ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752591 Members
3221 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq 5i Array controller error - 1775, Slot 0 drive array

Jonathan Moss

Compaq 5i Array controller error - 1775, Slot 0 drive array

I am having some problems attaching an external Compaq 40/80 DLT drive to my Compaq DL380G2.

I'm using the cable that shipped with the the the DLT drive, but when everything is connected and the array controller starts up it reports the following:

"Error :- 1775 - Slot 0 drive array - proliant storage enclosure not responding.
SCSI port 1 - check storage enclosure , power switch and cables, turn system power off while checking proliant power and cable connection, turn system back on to retry"

I've tried all that - doesn't seem to make much difference, any idea's would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan
4 REPLIES 4
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Compaq 5i Array controller error - 1775, Slot 0 drive array

Dear Jonathon,
Please make sure the 40/80 has an active terminator on it. One port for the cable the other for the terminator. Also the 1775 error usually points to band/bent pins on the cable.

Please keep me posted.

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

I had the same problem with a SCSI cable not terminating correctly. The solution for us was to replace the cable because the wires inside the connector head had come loose. Try a different cable.
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Jonathan Moss

Just spoke with tech support @ Compaq about this - they say that I cant attach this drive to the back of the on-board controller on the DL380G2 - it's only good for Hot plug tape drives and disks.

Thanks for your help though guys.

Jonathan
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Dear Jonathan,
If the 40/80 is internal then, Yes the internal SCSI port for the 5i CANNOT be used. Since this is a single external 40/80 DLT then you CAN use it.
Please try the solutions provided above from myself and John.
Here's is the link that will help explain.
http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?countrycode=1000&prodid=2009&source=EX020516_CW01.xml&dt=3&docid=9900&pid=-1

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!