ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752742 Members
5252 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Compaq Array Configuration Utility Background Parity Initialization still running

SOLVED
Go to solution
Matthew Collins_2
Occasional Contributor

Compaq Array Configuration Utility Background Parity Initialization still running

I have extended my array on a Proliant 6500 with a 3200 controller to the point that I can now see the added space through NT 4.0's disk administrator. The only problem being is that when I go back into the Array Configuration Utility, I keep getting a message that the Background Parity Intialization is still running and I don't want to format the space or reboot ther server until I know at the Intialization has finished. Is there any way to tell (log or other way) when it has completed other than not receiving the message when I open the Utility?
1 REPLY 1
dowling-brown
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: Compaq Array Configuration Utility Background Parity Initialization still running

Hello,
This is a normal operation, it can take many time depending logical drive capacity.
You can format your disk during the initialization. You can reboot your server, initialization resumes where it stop.
You can accelerate this by setting priority in ACU.
When finished, disks leds stop to blink.