1752822 Members
4108 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq Insight Manager

Ash Keval
Occasional Advisor

Compaq Insight Manager

I have added a Compaq 64-bit dual channel Ultra2 LVD SCSI pci controller card in my ML530 and I have attached an SSL2020 Tape Library to that. Everything is working just fine, except I can't get any information about this controller in the Compaq's insight manager.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: Compaq Insight Manager

Ash,

Go into the control panel (NT4/2000) and check the Compaq/HP Management agents. Check to see what is inactive (on the right side of the screen). Make sure that SCSI Information is active.

Can you also check the driver manufacturer for the card. You may be using the Symbios Logic driver since the chipset will be 53C879. It might need the approved HP/Compaq driver to get it to report things back, I'm not sure if this needed.

I assume the card you have is option part number 348757-B21 (Spare part # 348759-001).

I hope this helps,

Brian
Ash Keval
Occasional Advisor

Hi Brian,
I did check the Compaq/HP management agents and the SCSI information is active,But, you are right, the card is using the Symbios logic drivers.Where can I get the HP/Compaq approved drivers for this product? This product is quite old I think.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Ash,

It should be using the CPQ32FS2.SYS driver.

Although this is primarily a 32-bit driver for embedded controllers (using the Symbios Logic chipset) it does support the 64 bit Ultra 2 controller as detailed in the following Windows 2000/2003 driver link.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17320.html

If you need the NT4 driver it's here.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/16527.html

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Brian
Ash Keval
Occasional Advisor

Hello again Brian,
I updated the drivers for the scsi card but still no luck with the insight manager.I should see the card in the "mass storage box", but unfortunately I don't. I will keep working on it.Thanks
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Ash,

Stop and start the SNMP service and SNMP Trap Service to see if the agents reset and start looking again for the device. I've seen this kick the older Insight Manager (Non Web Based) into action before.

You won't need a reboot.

Brian
Ash Keval
Occasional Advisor

Hi Brian,
Unfortunately no luck. I tried what you suggested.I even rebooted the server.