6303 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq NC7780 Gigabit Server Adapter

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tim_175

Compaq NC7780 Gigabit Server Adapter

We have several DL360 G2 servers with Compaq NC7780 Gigabit Server Adapter NIC's installed

We have just upgraded our network to Gigabit and want to set the NIC's to use this. The only speed options are 10/100 or AUTO.
We therefore set to AUTO but are experiencing network issues, that we did nnot have running on our 100MB network with 100/FULL Duplex settings. Should we be using the AUTO configuration for these cards on Gigabit ?
4 REPLIES 4
Zigor Buruaga
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Compaq NC7780 Gigabit Server Adapter

Hi Tim,

If you have teaming enabled, in "Control Panel" click on "HP Network". You will see the "HP Network Teaming and Configuration Properties". Click on one of your Giga NIC's and then click "Properties".
In "Settings" tab you should see a field called "Speed/Duplex Setting". Click on the combo and see if it shows a 1000MB option.
Select the 1000MB/Full option and check if it works as desired.

Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Zigor
Tim_175

Thanks Zigor, we have set this here now and seem to be connected at Gigabit.

I did notice though that the card properties now report a speed of 10MB FULL if accessed directly rather than through the Compaq Team Software, do you also have this ?
Zigor Buruaga
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi Tim,

In my server, accesing directly I can see "Auto Detect" ( NC7131 Gigabit ).
Anyway, the real settings are those showed in "HP Network Teaming and Configuration Properties".
By the way, remember to maintain updated your teaming and NIC drivers ( in the past we experienced several issues due to drivers not updated ).

To be sure that you are at 1000MB, open again "HP Network Teaming and Configuration Properties". Click on one of your Giga NIC's and then click "Properties". In "Information" tab you will find a lot of valuable info. Although probably you already have seen that.

Hope this helps ( if yes, please assign points )
Kind regards,
Zigor
Mohammad Shahid
Occasional Advisor

I got the same problem as described above. I do the see the option of 1000/full in the HP Teaming and Configurations properties, but we have no teaming in place.

So my question is, if I set it to 1000/full in the HP Teaming properties, HAS THIS SET IT TO 1000/full evnthough I have only set it to Auto in the Adapter properties?

Your help is much appreciated.
Cheers
J.