1753760 Members
4929 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compaq Network Team (NIC) Problem.

Mike McClellan
Advisor

Compaq Network Team (NIC) Problem.

I have a Compaq Proliant ML350 running MS W2k Advanced Server w/SP3. I periodically experience "Network Team" problem. I've attached the Event Viewer descriptions pertaining to the problem. Does anyone know what the heck is going on here?
4 REPLIES 4
ron fisher_1
Advisor

A little more info on your config would be helpful. What team mode, what speed, what kind of switch. What are your switch port settings? What is the result of the error?

Having just gone through a similar hassle with gig dual ports, I can tell you that your switch port config needs to be married with your NIC to get these to work properly. Let us know.
Looking down the barrel of another day
Mike McClellan
Advisor

Ron,

I am using a CentreCOM GS903SX Gigabit Switch. The primary "teamed" NIC is a fiber, gigabit NIC. The backup or fault tolerant "teamed" NIC is a 10/100 Ethernet NIC running at 100Mbps/Full duplex. The backup NIC is plugged directly into our 10/100 switch stack. None of the switches are managed as far as I know.
Jens Baumann_2
Frequent Advisor

Did you enable the "heartbeat" option? Try disabling it to see whether the errors disappear.
Mike McClellan
Advisor

Well, this is a little embarrassing, but the backup NIC was unplugged. Being fairly new here, the previous Tech had unplugged the NIC in an effort to fix the bugcheck, BSOD error which I fixed with the posted driver upgrade. Its amazing how plugging it in resolves this issue. Thanks for all your help, sorry for the inconvenience.