Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compaq ProLiant 1600 - Smart Array 221

Mike Walker_3
Occasional Visitor

Compaq ProLiant 1600 - Smart Array 221

Dear All,
The company I work for has recently bought a office in London, when the previous company left they sold us their network, which included a Compaq ProLiant 1600. This server has been totally wiped, however it will boot up showing the BIOS messages as normal. It detects a Smart Array 221 Controller, but reports no drives configured. The server has 4 x 9.1 GB SCSI Ultra 2 hard drives located behind the case front door. I dug around the boxes left in the office and found :- Compaq Quick Restore Prosignia Desktop (not the server!), Compaq Storage and Options Documentation Library (multiple PDF???s in multiple languages) and finally the Compaq SmartStart and Support Software CD ??? BUT this disk is not in the sleeve!

I don???t know if this CD image is available from Compaq???s web site, or if anyone could copy a CD for me (apologies if this is breaking any laws), or could you point me in the correct direction for setting up the drives. I need to set-up the array before I have any chance of installing any server software, which would probably be Windows 2000.

I did find the following page on Compaq???s site:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1126.html
it has all the drivers I need, but not the array set-up software.

Can you help?

Best Regards
Mike.

1 REPLY
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Compaq ProLiant 1600 - Smart Array 221

Hello Mike,
You need to order Smart Start CD by calling 1-800-573-1099 and specifically ask for Smart Start 5.50B.

Regards,