5997 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq ProLiant DL320 Fan Issue

Matt Georgetti
Advisor

Compaq ProLiant DL320 Fan Issue

Hello all,

I have a Compaq ProLiant DL320 (I'm not positive but I think it's a G1) that is giving me a "Critical Fan Failure 1611" for fan 6. I have aready replaced the failed fan and all fans are running at the proper speed but I still get this error. Is there something that I have to reset to stop getting this error? It won't even let me into the BIOS because of the fan error. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Doug Hassell

Re: Compaq ProLiant DL320 Fan Issue

I have a DL320-G1 (beige bezel, Compaq name, only 3 fans on center bar) and I think the message refers to the power-supply fans.

The pair on my PS was getting just too loud. I went after-market and bought two plain 40mm fans and installed them in the PS. Had to re-arrange the pins on the connectors; screwy way Compaq set this up.

According to the board, these are the fan assignments:
(as seen when facing the front bezel)

- Fans 1,2,3 (center bar, left side, near CPU)
- Fans 4,5 (rear panel, left side, next to DIMMs)
- "Fan 6" (both PS fans--best guess)

Barring a shrewd solution around the special nature of the OEM fans, it appears we're both in a position to get a new PS for the Proliant DL320. Search on the Compaq part no. (177628-001)... just keep looking for the best prices.

Best of luck!
Doug Hassell

Re: Compaq ProLiant DL320 Fan Issue

CORRECTION: The PS part no. is 207728-001 -- for some reason, there's another label on the PS that shows the other number.

I searched on it and found 512MB memory modules; definitely NOT a power-supply!

Sorry 'bout the mix-up!