ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753964 Members
7393 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Compaq ProLiant ML370 2xPIII @ 1000MHz

Florin Vasilache

Compaq ProLiant ML370 2xPIII @ 1000MHz

I recently acquired a server with the configuration in the title (i know its rather old , but it was very cheap and it is perfect for my neads). Unfortunetly i'm a little lost in configuring it and finding the proper drivers for linux (i plan to user debian because i have alot of experience with this distribution and i find it very easy to configure).

I will sum this in a few questions:

1. I noticed on the support section of hp site that support is offered only from Compaq ProLian 400 and up, but there are support/drivers for HP ProLiant ML370 ; is that the same as my configuration ? Why are there Compaq's AND HP's with the same name ?

2. Where ca i find SCSI Drivers for debian ? i noticed on the support section for hp ProLiant the only suported distributions are RH,SuSE . . .

3. I was told there should be a boot cd image or something similar with alot of tools to help configure the server and for maintainence after that (there should be a raid config tool which i will nead to make the raid work)

In the end , i'm a beginer in server configurations so any help / advice is apreciated.

10x

PS: i noticed there is alot of talks about difrent generations of ML370, on mine there is nothing more then this notation but i think it should be one of the 1st generations of his kind . . .
1 REPLY 1
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Re: Compaq ProLiant ML370 2xPIII @ 1000MHz