ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753797 Members
7919 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compaq Proliant 1600 and Symantec Ghost 8.0

James Dunkley

Compaq Proliant 1600 and Symantec Ghost 8.0

I am trying to take an image of a HDD in this server. I have created a ghost boot disk, which loads the network drivers. Once i got to ghost cast - multitask, i enter the relevant information (session name and ip address of the ghost server). I then recieve an error 'There is no valid source drive to choose (11032)'. I guess this is because they are scsi drives. Does anyone know of a work around or a solution to this problem?
3 REPLIES 3
Kai-Uwe Schurig
Valued Contributor

Hi,

depending on what scsi controller you are using (the integrated or a separate raid controller) you may need additional drivers.
I assume that Ghost 8.0 uses DOS, so have a look here:

MS-DOS SCSI Support Diskette

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/7599.html

You need some knowledge to include the drivers in your config.sys (oh, if i remember this times ...), examples should be included with the driver.

Regards,

Kai-Uwe

James Dunkley

Thanks for the info, but this has not solved the problem. I have entered the SMRTSCSI.SYS in the config.sys, but it it appears with 'No logical drives available'. Any other suggestions?
Kai-Uwe Schurig
Valued Contributor

Hi,

which controller are you using for your hard disk? For the integrated SCSI controller, the FWS2ASPI.SYS maybe helpful. For a Smart Array controller (at least the older one) the SMRTSCSI.SYS should help.

Regards,

Kai-Uwe