ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752592 Members
3000 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compaq Proliant 3000 - RAID - URGENT!!

Rossoneri
Frequent Advisor

Compaq Proliant 3000 - RAID - URGENT!!

Hi,

I`ve have two harddisk in raid 1 - and it seems like one of them has a hardware failure, so I have a new ready to replace the bad one.

If I turn of the server and set the new harddisk in the server does it automatically copy the contens of the working harddisk to the new one?

It is a Compaq Smart 2SL array controller

Another thing . I am not sure which one of them is the bad harddisk - I there a way to see which one is the bad one ?
12 REPLIES 12
Rossoneri
Frequent Advisor

Hello .. Anyone able to help. I always have got help in here .. so please don`t dissapoint me :)
Rossoneri
Frequent Advisor

?
Marko H.
Valued Contributor

There should be an orange led on the bad disk. Replace that disk.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Kim:

The bad disk should have an Amber light flashing on it.

Usually, it is ok to replace the disk while the system is running as long as the system supports Hot Swap.

The Smart Array will/should automatically detect the new drive and start rebuilding your RAID1 Set.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Chris Turnbull
Valued Contributor

Kim,

If unsure if your drives are hot-swappable (changeable when system is up) just power down your server.

If you cannot identify the failed drive easily from the led, try installing/running the Array Configuration Utility. Choose your OS from the link (for Proliant 3000), and look at Software - System Management. Download the ACU software from here if it's not on your system already. This software will show you the faulty drive.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/family/model/1112.html?lang=en&cc=us

Swap the drives (having identified your failed drive beforehand), during system boot the array controller should prompt you with F-key options to help you choose the desired recovery option.
Rossoneri
Frequent Advisor

In the boot up of the server, there is a message about to replace a disk as soon at possible, as there is an error on SCSI disk 1, but the disk is still working.

The server have sometimes began to restart automatically, and I can see in the even viewer that there have been a "harddrive threshold" .. so I suppose the harddrive should be replaced to fix thi error
Rossoneri
Frequent Advisor

I where unable to logon with my old name suddenly .. so I have changed the username .. just you know it :)

I can not see anything in the array configuration utility .. everything stands to be ok .. but in the boot up sequence there is this error
Chris Turnbull
Valued Contributor

Do you have the latest Proliant Support Pack installed? From the previous link you should be able to download this.

The System Management Homepage will allow you to access information on the current status of your disks via the Insight Agents. A disk that is in the early stages of failure should be flagged up here, even if the ACU software still thinks the disk is good.
Rossoneri
Frequent Advisor

I have installed the insight manager .. but can not figure out how see something about the disc ?

Can you help a little?