Did you mean: 

Compaq Proliant 3000 setup - "Array Not Configured"

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brian_299
Occasional Visitor

Compaq Proliant 3000 setup - "Array Not Configured"

Hello,

we've inherited a Compaq Proliant 3000 server that we're to rebuild for a new project. The server has been totally wiped clean, and when switch on, and performs initial checks reports

"Drive Array Not Configured"
"Run Compaq Array Configuration Utility"

I've downloaded the utility from the hp website, but it will not run in a DOS environment (booted from a Win95 boot disk to see the CDROM drive)!! We cannot install Windows 2000 because the setup cannot see any hard disks! Catch-22.

Please advise.
2 REPLIES
Baumgartl Alex
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: Compaq Proliant 3000 setup - "Array Not Configured"

Hi Brian.
You need a CD: Smart Start vers. 5.5 (or older) for Compaq ProLiant Server Installation and Configuration. With this CD, you can install a system partition and configure the Server.
When you need install without a System Partition, you can press "F8" at Startup (after inizialized Smart Array Controller)and configure a logical Disk on Smart Array Controller. Then you can install with OS boot medium (not recommendable).
I hope i can help you :-)

cu

Alex :-)
Stephen Grimmer
Trusted Contributor

Re: Compaq Proliant 3000 setup - "Array Not Configured"

The best and easiest thing to do is get a smartstart cd... version 5.5 can be ordered by phone here...

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1257.html

Smartstart will automatically configure the bios, configure the array and script the w2k install.

Without the cd its quit difficult to configure the array...

Options are...

If you had another proliant you could move the disks and configure them there and move them back...

You could try to figure out how to use the smartstart scripting tool kit. I think it has a dos based acu utility. You would need the 1.7 version.

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/toolkit/index.html