108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compaq Proliant 3000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Thomas.Wallgram

Compaq Proliant 3000

Hello,

a Compaq Proliant 3000 was running without any problems in our company with MS-W2K. Then I wanted to reinstall it with MS-Windows 2003 Server. I deleted the logical drives and wanted to re-create it again via F10 at the startup. What a surprise! The small partition for the system-managers didn't exist (any more). So I tried to download system-management-software from the website of HP. I found the SCU (System-Configuration-Utility) for MS-DOS, but not the ACU (Array-Configuration-Utility) for MS-DOS. If I try to install the MS-W2003 Server, the install-program don't find any drives. There is only the possibility to download a ACU for Windows AFTER installing MS-W2003 Server. I also tried to download an additional driver for the SCSI-drives, but the driver is not made to be included into the initial install-progrogram. Can anybody help me in this forum?

Greetz
Tom
6 REPLIES 6
Andrew Loftus
Solution

Tom,
I think you deleted the partition that the F10 references which is the reason why the F10 does not work anymore. You are going to need the media that came with the kit (something like smartstart?) to install the system again. At worst - you can just boot from the W2003 CD and this will allow you to setup at least the windows partitions again. Hope this helps
Andrew.
Thomas.Wallgram

thanks for the answer Andrew,
Yes definitely I need the smart-start kit, but certainly all the diskettes were lost during the last years. The company moved several times in different buildings, so all installation-kits are gone. Therefore I tried to get such a kit. I tried a smart-kit for HP Proliant DL380 G5, but it doesn`t work (Compaq Smart Array 221 Controller is not supported anymore). With the SCU-Kit for MS-DOS I'm almost at the goal. I can do everything with this kit, but for "creating a disk array" the message appears: "Please insert the diskette labeled 'Compaq Arrsy Configurator'. Certainly I don't have such diskette and there is no download for a ACU for MS-DOS on the HP website anymore. Maybe there is a guy, who has this kit and will send it to me.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

The old Proliant and G1 servers need SmartStart 5.5, there you can find the ACU.
You can download the ISO from here:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22678.html
Thomas.Wallgram

Hello vcespon,

Your advice was 100% into the black centre! With Smart Start for Servers 5.50 I could create the system-partition and create the Logical Drive again. Thanks to all, who helped me.

Greetz from Austria
Tom
Thomas.Wallgram

The last hint from vcespon was a 100% shoot into the black centre.

You need following CD: SmartStart for Servers 5.50 there you find all the SCU and ACU's.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Thomas,
A very useful link:
http://e4services.homestead.com/files/support/ManualProliantInstall.html

Thanks to E4Services(an active member in our forums)

Regards.