7479 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq Proliant 3110

Matthew Doe
Occasional Advisor

Compaq Proliant 3110

Hi All,

Just bought a Compaq Proliant 3110 (P66), and im very new to Servers... but ok with PCs ! , Here's the deal - i put all the leads in, and went to turn it on and .. ........ Nothing hapend ! .. was thinking it might be the power switch or PSU ... I'm a student so hope these things don't cost a bomb ! ... Anyone got any ideas what i can try and where i can get a PSU for the Compaq Proliant 3110 !

Cheerz
Matt Doe
12 REPLIES 12
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Compaq Proliant 3110

Hi Matt,
Can you please provide me the serial number fo the 3110 please.

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Matthew Doe
Occasional Advisor

Hi, i haven't got a clue where to find the Serial number ... There is a sticker on the back of the machine that says the model number ... and tons of info.. and at bottom it says

148439-006 S2 DP

is that it ?
I haven't got any manuals with it either !
Cheerz matt
Matthew Doe
Occasional Advisor

I have been trying to see if it is the PSU or not, but i never been in a server before "just this one" and the PSU in this thing is werd =/ ... i did hear a Buzzing Comeing from it once or twice.. but now nothing ...

It hasn't been tested in 18 months, and has been in a damp place... garage i think, as there was damp all on the HDDs and case :S ... got abit rusty at bottom of case.... but nothing bad !

Hope that helpd in anyway .. as i might try taking apart the PSU and seeing if i can see what's going on in there.. but i won't do anything without your guys say so.. just i don't wana be spending tons on a PSU and find out it's not the PSU in the first place !

Cheerz matt
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Are you sure this is a Proliant?
The serial number is usually 12 digits long. Both number and letters.
Matthew Doe
Occasional Advisor

Yes this is a Compaq Proliant 3110,, P 66 and looks like it has 2 CPUs from where im looking at it but i might be wrong... heat sink covering up it!

it's a big bugger tho ...the PSU has a ribbon cable from the mother board going into it ! ?
Is that normal !

How i know it's a Compaq Proliant 3110 beacause it says it on the sticker on the back and at the front it says Compaq(Silver writeing) Proliant(Grey Writeing)

Matthew Doe
Occasional Advisor

My mistake on the front it says Compaq Proliant ... but on the back it says Series 3110
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Hi Matt,
I do apologize but I am having the toughest time finding the spces on the server. If you can give me any part number off of the system board or any other part numbers would be appreciated. They are usually 6 digits foloowed by -001.
ex: 123456-001.

Mark
Matthew Doe
Occasional Advisor

Hi Mark,

Sorry i haven't got back in months and months, my computer system crashed and lost all my details and have been trying to find this forum for ages... had no luck until today .. ! YaY .. hehe

Ok i will go off and look for some numbers again ... - Is a new PSU if that is the problem as i don't know... going to cost alot of money ?

Cheerz
matt
Matthew Doe
Occasional Advisor

I took out the board that holds the CPUs in ... There is a metal plate that held the board to a bracket on the case...

that has the numbers

148729-001 A
BSF

Lots of Chips on it.. One with LSI on it

the numbers on that chip are
L1A9008
143109-002
"Circle around and M then the words" COMPAQ
NNG 9350 "Triangle Shape, then a circle around SG"
WK53577
HONG KONG

Im not sure if any of that helps but... there numbers and might be able to trace something... But there are no indidvual markings @numbers@ on the board that are like serials.. only little stickers on chips...

Oh and the numbers on the back of the computer which i think i said in an earlier post on this topic !

Any of that much help
Cheerz
Matt D