Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compaq Proliant 6400R

SOLVED
Go to solution
bandito
Occasional Contributor

Compaq Proliant 6400R

I have installed 2003 server on this proliant server but it does not pick up all the processors. Only 1 processor has been picked up showing Standard PC in device manager. SP2 has been installed together with all the updates but still no joy. How do I get this system to pick up the other 3 processors? Please help as I am really stuck.
3 REPLIES
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Compaq Proliant 6400R

Hi,

It might be the APIC mode settings which are preventing this.

Use Smartstart 5.50 CD or system partition (F10) if installed to go into the System Configuration Utility.
At the first menu screen press CTRL-A to enter advanced mode. You should see a confirmation screen appear.

Now choose:-
System Configuration
Configure Hardware
Review or Modify Hardware
View and Edit details

Check which Operating System you have selected at the top of the screen and change it if its set to Netware etc. You may only be able to select Windows 2000.

Now go down to the Advanced settings and check the value of the APIC mode. It should be set to FULL TABLE. Set it to this if it isn't already set.

Exit and save settings.

You should able to install an MPS HAL after this.

I hope this helps.

Brian
bandito
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Brian.
I have followed your instructions but reaised that I do not get the option to change the operating sytem to Windows 2000.
There is NT and Other and it was set on other.

APIC..APCI...are not available under the smartstart 5.50 cd.

Pleeeeaaaase help.

Thanks
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If you select NT, there is another sub-menu which appears and you can select Windows 2000 etc. from there.

You need to be in the full SCU utility (with Advanced Mode enabled) to see the Advanced settings.

If you can't get into advanced mode with the Smartstart 5.50 CD then use the SCU diskettes. You will need 4 floppy disks.

Remember to press CTRL-A at the first SCU menu screen (Where the top choice is System Config) or you won't see the Advanced settings for APIC
APIC =Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller
ACPI is for power and unrelated to APIC.

The SCU diskette kit can be downloaded from here.
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html

Once you have 2003 installed and working with multiple cpus, additional drivers and utilities for the 6400R can be foind here.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_1106.html

I hope this helps.

Brian