ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751959 Members
5048 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compaq Proliant 8500

Gopal_5

Compaq Proliant 8500

I am getting the following warning messages in NT Event log.

1) The power sub-system is no longer redundant.

2) System Information Agent: Health: The Fault Tolerant Power Supply Sub-system has lost redundancy. Restore power or replace any failed or missing power supplies.
Chassis: '0'
[SNMP TRAP: 6032 in CPQHLTH.MIB]

These messages appear atleast 2 times in every one hour. We have replaced the power supply and updated the latest firmware. We have tried everything but still it appears again and again. We do not have any problem with the power supply or any of the cables attached. I came to know that Proliant 6000 and 7500 series gives false power supply message. But I do not find any information about 8500 series.

I would appreciate, if any one can find or give more information about this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Gopal
3 REPLIES 3
Anton Reiman
Advisor

What version of the support paq do you have installed?

As version 6.3 was known to report false error messages to the NT event log.

If these messages are not displayed in the Compaq Integrated log or Insight Manager, I would ignore them.

Try installing Support Paq 6.4.
Gopal_5

Thank you for your email.

We have installed the latest support pack for windows 2000 (version: 6.4)

We get the following message in Integrated Management log viewer.

System Power Supplies Not Redundant.

This happens immediately after we reboot the server.

I would appreciate, if anyone can help me on this problem.

Thanks,
Gopal
Greg Jordan_2

We used to receive this message periodically on heavily loaded 8500's (8 CPU, 5GB RAM, 3 or 4 add-in cards, etc.)
When they are attached to 110V input, one power supply cannot provide enough power to run the server. At this point both power supplies are required to keep the server running and there is no redundancy in case of a failure (i.e. "The power sub-system is no longer redundant.")

If you convert to 208V power, the problem should go away.