ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748223 Members
4737 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Compaq Proliant ML370 and ML530 cannot uninstall the "Diagnostic for windows 4.16A".

jason_480

Compaq Proliant ML370 and ML530 cannot uninstall the "Diagnostic for windows 4.16A".

Hi,
My ML370 and ML530 both are using 600-1000MHz Intel P3. ML370 is installing with Windows 2000Srv, ML530 is installing with Windows 2000Adv Srv. In ML370, I have installed a diagnostic tool which call "Diagnostics for windows (3.10A)" issued by HP on it. And then during I ran the tool, the system hung on totally. Therefore, I install an older diagnostic tool which call "Compaq diagnostic for windows" version 3.10A. But during the installation, when the installation process went to a situation which is "generate base log"(Sorry, I may forget the concrete message it prompted to me), the system hung on totally.
And then, I try to uninstall the new 4.16A tool and the uninstallation process seemed to be properly successful. But after, I went to control panel-> Add/Remove programs, the new 4.16A tool is still in existence. And then I try to uninstall it again, it prompted me that there is an missing DLL file so the uninstallation process failed.
I think this failure uninstallation may not caused by the old 3.10A tool because in another server---ML530, I also install a new version 4.16A tool on it but without old tool 3.10A, and the above symptom, which the uninstallation for new 4.16A failed, is still presenting.
Now I have no idea how to uninstall it and solve the problem that the old 3.10A tool can cause system hang, on ML370. This is because I have no another ML370 I can do some testing, and the production ML370 is Domain Controller which is quite critical. Also the ML530 is SQL Server.
Now I only want to uninstall the tool on them and hope that anybody can help me to solve this issue. Thanks for the help!

(Additonal, when I uninstalled the 4.16A tool on ML370 again(third trials), during the uninstallation process, it seems to "dive" into the old 3.10 installation process and cause the system to hang.)